Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 1: Morning Pages Posted in the Evening

What is my plan? Good question.

The first step for me is to register back in with the AI and my research. I took a bit of a hiatus from it, but I have been assured that I don't need to feel guilty about that. ;)

I need to comb through all of the information that I collected this spring from students (after I pick it up from FCHS this afternoon :) ) and determine which information I will focus on during this two week period. This will be more of a challenge because of the shear volume of data I collected—teacher-researcher notes, discussion log records, mandalas, found poems, etc. And sticky notes...I almost forgot about the plethora of sticky notes I collected!

As of this moment I think that I will focus on looking over the t-r notes and discussion log records as this will give me more insight into the content of students' book club discussions and allow me to determine how well we met our (Cindy and me--although it sounds as though I am using the royal we) goal of helping students discuss challenging/difficult/controversial subjects productively.

No comments: